SMU CODING BOOT CAMP
BECOME A WEB DEVELOPER
IN 24 WEEKS
Classes begin May 8, 2018 at SMU
- Benefit from a wide range of career services to position you for success through graduation and beyond.
- Build a portfolio of web applications to showcase your knowledge.
- Study part-time while maintaining your work schedule.
Web development is one of the fastest growing careers in today’s economy with a projected 27% growth rate by 2024.* SMU Coding Boot Camp is designed to help students develop the skills and professional network needed to capitalize on this high demand career track.
* Bureau of Labor Statistics.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Students will learn a full stack, including the skills needed to become proficient front-end and back-end developers.
- Students gain access to a tutor network, allowing them to get help both inside and outside the classroom.
- Students receive career-planning assistance, including:
- Portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, 1:1 career coaching, soft skills training, and more.
- Access to a dedicated Profile Coach and Career Director that will work with you throughout the program and prepare you to be Employer Competitive.
- Students will also gain industry insights through Tech Talks—quarterly online panels with local industry professionals.
WHAT GRADUATES RECEIVE
- Graduates benefit from a Project Demo Day—quarterly networking event with local professionals to showcase their final projects.
- Continued one-on-one career coaching with your career director post-graduation.
- A Certificate in Full Stack Web Development from SMU Continuing and Professional Education (SMU CAPE) showcasing your accomplishments to future employers.
- A robust portfolio of projects to demonstrate your working knowledge of web development.
A nationally ranked private university located near the heart of Dallas, SMU is a distinguished center for global research with a liberal arts tradition. SMU’s 11,000 diverse, high-achieving students come from all 50 states and 90 countries to take advantage of the University’s small classes, hands-on research opportunities, leadership development, community service, international study and innovative programs. The University offers a strong foundation in the humanities and sciences and undergraduate, graduate and professional degree programs through seven schools.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the dates of SMU Coding Boot Camp?
- Can I keep working while studying at SMU Coding Boot Camp?
- Yes. The program is designed for working professionals who are actively seeking career change.
- How long is the course?
- Students will complete the program in six months.
- Do you provide career planning support?
- Yes. We offer all of our students career support and coaching, including portfolio reviews, resume assistance, and technical interview training. In addition, we offer students experiential learning opportunities to strengthen their portfolio.
- Do I need to have previous experience in programming before enrolling?
- No. While having some background can help, our pre-course tutorials will get you up to speed and ready to start learning on Day 1.
- What sets your boot camp apart from others I can join in Dallas or elsewhere?
- We offer a part-time program that allows working professionals to study web development without leaving work.
- Students benefit from a robust set of professional development services to prepare them for success as they work to advance or change careers.
- Our curriculum is built based on the most in-demand technologies specific to the Dallas market.